The Zambia National Equestrian Federation ZANEF is the national governing body for Olympic equestrian sports in Zambia. The Society is affiliated to the National Sports Council of Zambia (NSCZ) and the Fédération Équestre Internationale (FEI).
Mission Statement of the Federation
To provide a caring and encouraging environment that promotes excellence in all aspects of Equestrian Sport, both in Zambia and internationally with the welfare of the Horse as paramount.
Overall Goal of the Federation
To achieve excellence at all levels and all disciplines of the Equestrian Sports by uniting, regulating, promoting and representing the shared interest of those who enjoy Equestrian Sport while putting the welfare of the Horse first.
Objectives of the Federation
The objectives of the Federation are:
- To represent and coordinate Equestrian Sports in Zambia and strengthen linkages with the international arena.
- To promote and advocate for all Equestrian Sport disciplines recognized by FEI in Zambia.
- To ensure the highest standards are reached in all disciplines of Equestrian Sports.
Functions of the Federation
In order to achieve its objectives, the Federation may undertake any or all of the following:
- Represent Equestrian Sports in Zambia.
- Affiliate with, and represent the Federation to FEI and International Associations and Equestrian societies.
- Affiliate with the National Sports Council of Zambia (NSCZ) ensuring that Equestrian Sports are represented at NSCZ meetings, that the Members follow protocols and rules and regulations of the NSCZ.
- Promote the formation and advocacy of all Equestrian Sport disciplines in Zambia by the affiliation of equestrian sports clubs, promotion of the training and development of their Members and officials in all aspects of Equestrian Sport, information dissemination related to Equestrian Events, resources, officials, sponsorship, and other opportunities.
- Promote Equestrian Sports to Members, NCSZ, FEI, sponsors and other interested parties.
- Support programmes that encourage diversity in Equestrian Sports.
- Raise funds.
- Maintain a register of all Members, their Horses and their grades, and ensure riders and Horses are riding in correct grades and that Rules and Regulations related to grading are reviewed regularly and any revisions are endorsed annually at the AGM.
- Manage a programme to develop Equestrian Sports in Zambia.
- Promote the affiliation of body, club, show venue, equestrian centre, equestrian groups or other entity, to become affiliated to the Federation.